Ubisoft released a patch last week bringing the Watch Dogs Legion game to 2.20. There are a number of fixes and performance enhancements. We still cannot maintain a solid 60 fps at 4K Ultra with ray tracing enabled (RTX 3090) but it does run a lot smoother. You can also check out our mad Watch Dogs Legion gameplay showing off some mad driving skills and a rather cool female character, luckily it’s not Winter in London.
PC – Update 2.20
Added a manual save game button to the Pause Menu.
Fixed an issue that could cause a Borough to not be liberated despite the player having completed all necessary activities.
Fixed an issue that allowed players to load a save game over save file slot when playing with Permadeath enabled, resulting in an infinite loading screen.
Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted after a crash or freeze.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when one or all Operatives die.
Added CPU optimization that increases framerate on high end PCs in DirectX 12 mode.
Fixed an issue that caused the game’s framerate to drop significantly when looking at water or reflective surfaces.
Fixed an issue that could cause Operatives to go missing after the game crashed.
Fixed an issue that caused the game to become pixelated with DLSS enabled and playing on the lowest available resolution.
Fixed an issue that caused Reflection, Ambient Occlusion and Subsurface Scattering to not save their value after changing the graphic quality from Custom to Low/Ultra and back.
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash under certain rendering conditions.
Fixed an issue where some players would see a “Dunia Demo” error message and be unable to launch the game.
Added further stability improvements and fixes to the game to prevent crashes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause longer load times when exiting to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause save games to get corrupted.
- Fixed an issue that could cause lost progress during Borough Uprising missions when loading back into the game.
- Optimized game on Xbox One and Xbox One S to reduce instability during certain missions (among them “Justice for Claire”) and the open world.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when scrolling through the Team tab.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Main Menu to become unresponsive when quitting the Single Player mode.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while auto driving on the Tower bridge during the “Inside Albion” mission.
- Further incremental optimizations made to improve game stability which improve performance and reduce crashes.
Xbox Series X/S
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when switching between users with non-English and English text versions.