A new Sony video showcases an AR headset which could be revealed at TGS’12. Sony are already focused on 3D based content, and have produced a HD visor display, this is surely a natural progression.
Users over at the GAF translated some of the Japanese text:
- People, how far immersive?
- It experiments explore the possibility of new entertainment
- “Institute immersive pleasure HMZ” head mounted display
- Has been developed for the open experiment, models with head tracking system / live camera
- Tokyo Game Show head-mounted display “PROTOTYPE-SR” Limited 2012 Specifications
- Jointly developed with RIKEN team Fujii
- New 360 degree immersive entertainment sensation
- World of the music of the movie world flew in to the real world.”