Microsoft are well aware that many retailers across the globe have sold out of the Xbox One and that it’s a bit of a gamble finding an Xbox One, although some stores are likely to have limited replenished stock. The problem for many it seems stems from many retailers gaining new stock, and then selling out rather quickly. Major Nelson has posted some useful tips which might seem obvious, but will no doubt help in securing an Xbox One this side of Xmas. Whilst, the angle is very much geared towards the US market, the principles apply wherever you are.
- Sign up for email newsletters and alerts from your favorite retailers and follow them on Twitter and Facebook for real-time updates.
- Call your local retailers to find out which day of the week they receive shipments. You can check in each week to see if they have new stock.
- Use retailers’ online stock checkers to find a store with Xbox One in stock near you, although we recommend calling to confirm.
- Check with stores outside of densely populated areas – you may have more luck in smaller locations.
- You can also use tracking sites to help. Here are a couple I’ve found: