Team Reptile release their long-awaited action game, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk on Switch and PC via Steam. Console versions will release on September 1st. Check out the cool trailer as this game is the spiritual successor to the Jet Set Radio games from Sega. Obviously, this is nothing to do with SEGA but could well be given its distinct cel-shaded art style and gameplay beats.
Team Reptile brings you Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a future world from the mind of Dion Koster where self-styled graffiti crews equipped with personal boostpacks are battling each other for control of the streets. Start your own cypher and dance, paint graffiti, collect beats, combo your tricks and face off with the cops to stake your claim to the sprawling metropolis of New Amsterdam.
Red is a graffiti writer who lost his head and instead uses a cyberhead to get around. In search of his roots he joins the Bomb Rush Crew, Tryce and Bel. Together they decide to go All City, to become the best graffiti crew in the city. The more territory they gain, the more they discover who it was that cut off Red’s head and how deep his human side is linked to the graffiti world.
- Explore the 5 main boroughs of the city to hit graffiti spots and get REP. You’ll need it to challenge the rival crews to a Crew Battle.
- Find new members to join your crew around the city. Spread around are also new graffiti pieces to paint, outfit colors and music to play on your flip phone.
- Use skateboarding, inline skating or BMX style tricks in the unique environment based trick system. Extend your combos with manuals and get even higher scores by incorporating special Boost Tricks.
- You can get boost power for doing long combos so the fastest way to move is also the most stylish.
- Dynamic militarized police that scales up as you vandalize.