Released yesterday is the official Half Life 2 Update which is free to download via Steam for those who already own Half Life 2. The mod is years of hard work adding extra lighting and shadow effects to the core game. Take a look at our 30 minutes of Half Life 2 Update gameplay to give you an idea of what to expect.
About Half Life 2 Update:
2004’s Half-Life 2 was a landmark for PC gaming and the First Person Shooter, setting the standard for immersion, animation, and physics-based play for years.
Meticulously developed by Half-Life community member Filip Victor, Half-Life 2: Update offers both long-time fans and first time players the most visually advanced, stable, and fully-featured version of Half-Life 2 to date in one free mod download.
- Complete lighting overhaul including enhanced lighting, more detailed world shadows, and full High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDR).
- New particle effects and improved fog.
- Countless bug fixes, correcting both visual and game-based issues.
- An extensive Community Commentary Mode featuring the voices of well-known Youtubers, including Caddicarus, Brutalmoose, Ricepirate, Balrog the Master, ProJared, and Ross Scott from Freeman’s Mind .
- Retains the iconic Half-Life 2 visual style and gameplay.
- All available in one free standalone download!