Coming to consoles and PC from Jan 21st (Steam Early Access) is the side-scrolling metroidvania style Ender Lilies from developer Live Wire & adglobe. This is a neat game and pretty fun to play in its current form. Take a look at our hands-on impressions and gameplay videos.
Once upon a time, in the Kingdom of End,the Deathly Rain suddenly started to fall,
transforming all living things it touched into bloodthirsty corpses.
In an instant, the realm fell into chaos.
The cursed rain never stopped pouring on the remaining ruins…
In the depth of an old forgotten church,
Lily opens her eyes.
ENDER LILIES is a dark fantasy 2D Action RPG about unraveling the mysteries of a nation destroyed by a cataclysmic event. The fallen Kingdom of End is a tragic and beautiful world featuring a majestic castle, submerged forests and forbidden underground areas.
On this sorrowful journey, encounter horrific enemies against whom a moment of inattention could be fatal. By releasing foes from their undying curse, you may gain their strength. Overcome the hardships of your journey and uncover the truth with the aid of the fallen knights.
■ Immersive Exploration- An expansive and fully traversable map, open to numerous strategies.
- Exploration will uncover many mysteries and discoveries to draw you in.
- Complete freedom in which path to take and which bosses to confront.
■ Tense Battles and a Rewarding Adventure
- Enjoy tense battles, where a wavering focus can lead one to a swift death.
- Employ evasive maneuvers along with your attacks to ensure victory.
- Defeat the various Blighted met along the way to acquire new skills. (26 skills in total, utilizing swords, bows, magic, and much more).
- Forge into battle armed with skills that cater to your own personal playstyle.
- Customize your stats with relics and tune Lily for seamless gameplay.
- A rewarding ending awaits those who persevere and overcome each death to inch closer to the conclusion.
■ Beauty Shining Through in a World of Despair
- A contrasting main cast, from the young and pure heroine to the complex and tainted immortal knights.
- A fantasy world brought to life by beautiful 2D art, animation and music.
- Lily’s adventure through Land’s End will see her reunite with and fighting alongside former friends. The conclusion of the story will change based on the player’s choices.
Explore a challenging supernatural world to haunting music by musical group Mili, whose credits include Goblin Slayer opening “Rightfully” and other anime franchises such as Ghost in the Shell.