Fast Travel Games released the first gameplay trailer for their upcoming VR horror game Wraith: The Oblivion. The game releases on pretty much all VR platforms including Oculus Quest and Playstation VR.
Become a Wraith
Set in the World of Darkness, a modern fantasy horror universe where you are the monster, Afterlife shares the same setting as Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse. In Afterlife, the player becomes a Wraith, one of the restless dead with supernatural powers at their disposal. As they progress, their powers will grow, granting them access to new areas:
- Wraithgrasp: Allows the player to manipulate objects from a distance and change the environment around them.
- Sharpened Senses: Helps the player pick up distant whispers or track the movement of other spirits.
- Insubstantiality: Gives the player the power to walk through solid walls.
The Barclay Mansion
Afterlife plays against a backdrop of modern Hollywood decadence and occult research:
- The player will explore the massive Barclay Mansion to gradually reveal its terrifying history, and the reason behind their own death.
- The mansion is filled with apparitions and sinister Spectres trailing the players’ footsteps, each with its own background story and with a connection to the bigger mystery.
- To stay hidden and uncover the truth, players need to be stealthy and use objects to hunt for clues in the world around them.
A World of Dark Secrets
For the first time in history, players will get to experience a World of Darkness game from the Wraith’s perspective:
- As a Wraith, death is not the end. The player is caught between this life and the next, accompanied by their Shadow, a manifestation of their dark subconscious.
- The Shadowlands are the reflection of the daylight world: a place where the dead walk unseen, side by side with the living.