The Twitch Xbox One app has gone live today but it seems some users are having issues with broadcasting and are being presented with a message which says the account is restricted from broadcasting and that one had to be an adult. We had the same issue and had to tinker with the Xbox One settings to allow broadcasting. Take a look at the video for more details.
To broadcast to Twitch from your Xbox One, the following settings must be enabled:
- In your Profile, your presence is set to “Online”.
- In the Settings app under “Privacy and online safety”, “See if you’re online” is set to “Everyone” and “Broadcast gameplay” is set to “Allow”.
- In the Settings app under “Preferences”, “Allow broadcasts and Game DVR uploads” is checked.
- In order to include Kinect information in your broadcast, the following must be true:
- In the Settings app under “Privacy and online safety”, “Share content made using Kinect” is “Allow”.
- In the Settings app under “Kinect”, “Kinect on” is checked and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast “Use Kinect microphone for chat” is checked.