PS4 gamers who own 3D TV sets will be pleased to learn that Finnish developer Frozenbyte will be bringing its rather lovely looking Trine 2 to PS4 complete with PS4 3D support. It is hoped the game will be available as a launch title for the system, but is marked as one of the first few games to utilize PS4 3D (alongside Call of Duty Ghosts and Assassin’s Creed IV). We can confirm having played the game on PC in 3D , that Trine 2 looks stunning with its colourful backgrounds and interesting looking characters. With 3D being a bit of a let down on current gen systems due to the loss in quality, it will be interesting to see how well 3D is rendered on the PS4 and Xbox One games consoles. In our experience, 3D can put some strain on performance and it’s not clear how well the HDMI signal used will support 3D as 1080p at 60 hertz is not possible using current HDMI formats. Either way, with the 2D version running at a confirmed 1080p 60FPS, it will no doubt be on par with its PC counterpart.
About Trine 2:
Trine 2: Complete Story is a sidescrolling game of action, puzzles and platforming. You play as one of the Three Heroes who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world. The game features an exciting adventure full of action, including physics-based puzzles using fire, water, gravity and magic; wicked goblins as the heroes’ adversaries; and a magical environment full of wonder.
- Three heroes – the Wizard, the Thief and the Knight – in a
- story-driven adventure full of fantasy
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Plenty of skills and abilities to solve puzzles in different play styles
- Intuitive control system designed to take full advantage of the PS4
- controller’s touch surface
- Online and local co-op with up to three players
- Includes the expansion Trine 2: Goblin Menace
- Includes the Dwarven Caverns level, unlocked by collecting secret map pieces
- 20 exciting levels in total, ranging from lush forests to a burning
- desert, to the insides of a giant sand worm
- Beautiful graphics in Full HD 1080p, 60 fps
- Stereoscopic 3D support