Drifter and Gala Games’ third-person co-op shooter Superior is available now on PC via Steam.
Start each mission unpowered and outgunned as you hunt down superheroes, steal their powers, and save the world. As you succeed in your mission, characters are upgraded with a branching skill tree, granting more powers and abilities to take on more heinous heroes. Armed with a powerful arsenal and your teammates, you advance through a sprawling hyper-stylized superhero universe with multiple locations and dynamically configured missions. With hundreds of unique superpowers, weapons, items, and abilities to upgrade and choose, Superior lets you craft your own Hero Hunter, progressing from “gutter to godhood” with every session.
Superior is developed by Drifter, the studio behind hit games: Robo Recall: Unplugged and Lies Beneath. The game is led by AAA developers with a pedigree from Gears of War, Doom, Halo and Apex Legends.
Superior Gameplay Features:
- Customizable Characters – Each character has their own play style, distinct advantages, and unique skill tree. All can be upgraded through play.
- Boosting Abilities – Every session players earn XP and unlock new skills and overdrive abilities, like satellite death beams or stealth mode.
- Weapons – Start your run with lower-level weapons like pistols and a baseball bat. As you run-and-gun, pick up more powerful equipment, such as grenade launchers, railguns and plasma blasters.
- Superpowers- Dozens of powers are available player to unlock and unleash:
- Fire – burn enemies as you leap into the air on jets of fire, or launch fireballs
- Ice – create ice sheets for speeding up allies and cause chilling damage through ice spikes
- Force – use force fields that deal damage, create explosions and knock enemies back
- Xeno – An alien goo that swarms to your aid in combat and allows you to shape-shift at will
- Volt – Control electricity and transform into a being of pure energy
- Epic Boss Fights – Square off against 6 unique ex-superhero bosses, and an army of their henchmen. Each character unleashes their own brand of super-powered chaos, from force fields to fireballs.
- Dynamically Changing Experiences and Worlds – Players encounter new challenges and monstrosities in their mission as they fight through hours of dynamically changing environments. Mission objectives, routes, and adversaries are also dynamically reconfigured, with new content revealed as players progress through the challenges.