Shadowgate releases next week and to mark the occasion, Zojoi released a new trailer which shows off a variety of ways players can meet their demise in the dark halls of Castle Shadowgate. The game releases on August 21st on PC and Mac and looks like heaps of fun for those with inquisitive minds. For more information head on over to the official website.
In Shadowgate, intrepid gamers step inside the dark halls of Castle Shadowgate as “The Seed of Prophecy,” the only one who could hope to defeat the traitorous Warlock Lord that dwells within. Designed with compelling cut-scenes that greatly expand the original Shadowgate universe, gamers navigate from room to room via the classic first-person perspective, using their wits to survive the dangerous traps, devious puzzles, and ruthless enemies. If successful, they can assemble the Staff of Ages, a powerful relic capable of keeping this ancient enemy from destroying the living castle and the world of Tyragon itself.
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system and intuitive on-screen commands to complete your quest
- Rooms: Tons of Beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new play experience
- Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game
- Difficulty Levels: Three different difficulty levels that actually change the game play experience and puzzle structure
- Customized UI: Play the way you want! Auto-hide the user interface, create key binds, lock commands and objects, etc.
- Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989 with Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES tunes, pixelated transitions and a retro text box
- Storytelling: Features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from a Shadowgate adventure
- Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with game play by composer Rich Douglas
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of sound effects
- Achievements: 50 in-game and Steam-based achievements to find and unlock
- Animations: Environmental and object-specific animations and particles bring each location to life