Sony announced today some details of its Yukimura update which will be available from tomorrow the 26th of March on the PS4. The update includes some big features including a suspend/resume feature and the options to back up date from the HDD to an external USB.
Jump Back Into Games Faster with Suspend/Resume*
Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will allow PS4 owners to spend less time waiting for games to load and more time playing. Gamers will be able to suspend their game by putting their PS4 into Rest Mode, and then quickly resume the game where they left off by pressing the PlayStation button on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller, which wakes their system.
Back-Up and Restore Hard Disc Drive to External USB Drive
“Yukimura” allows PS4 owners to back-up and restore the hard disc to and from an external USB drive. Hard disc drive data includes settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data.
Find and Connect with Friends
PS4 owners will now be able to search for Facebook Friends with their linked account. Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4. The update will allow users to easily view what their friends are playing by adding a “Friends Who Play This” section on each game detail page, while also highlighting which friends are currently online and playing it. The process to create a Party has also been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required. Additionally, the What’s New section will now feature a section where users can see what their friends are currently playing enabling them to join in the game if they own it or find out more on PlayStation(R)Store.
Share Your Earned Trophies and Trophy List Enhancements
PS4 owners have been sharing their most impressive gaming moments since the launch of the system, and with “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, making it easy for users to share their favorite gaming moments with their friends. The update will also make it easy for players to share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button. Additionally, users will now be able to sort their Trophy list by “Earned Date,” “Not Earned,” and “Grade,” as well as the option to remove games from the Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
Improved and Expanded Accessibility Options
“Yukimura” introduces new options to customize the user experience with PS4, making it easier for gamers with impaired vision and limited manual dexterity to play. Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 and a zoom feature for displayed pictures and inverted colors will be available for all system functions, apps and games. Enlarged text will be available across the graphical user interface, including Message and Party, and enlarged text will also be enabled for use in the system’s browser. Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI will be available for all system applications but will not apply to games or third-party applications.
Additional features and updates introduced with “Yukimura” include:
- Remote Play and Share Play: For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60fps for both Remote Play and Share Play on supported devices.
- Automatic Installation for System Software Updates: Users will be able to automatically install future system software updates.
- Sub-Account Upgrade: Users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts will be able to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
- Verified Accounts: Verified accounts for game industry professionals, including developers, producers, designers and community managers will appear with a badge.
- Dailymotion.com: Players will have the ability to upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.