Gamers can now bask in a fresh PS4 system update 2.0 today which adds a slew of new features such as music from USBs, new voice commands, Shareplay and uploading video content direct to Youtube. Take a look at the update and its new features which are outlined in the official video.
- Share Play: PlayStation 4 will create an online local co-op experience by allowing you to invite a friend to join your game — even when they don’t own a copy of it. PlayStation Plus membership is required for certain Share Play features.
- YouTube: Upload your gameplay highlights directly from PS4 to YouTube by clicking the “SHARE” button on DualShock 4. In addition, a YouTube app for PS4 will be available to download from the PlayStation Store.
- Themes & Colors: Personalize your home screen background with select themes and colors. As a big thank-you to the PlayStation Nation, we want to kick-start your dynamic theme options by giving away a theme for two of the biggest titles gamers will be playing on PlayStation 4 this fall; Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Both themes will be available for download on Tuesday.
- Live Broadcasting Enhancements: Search filters, archived broadcast support and more have been added to Live from PlayStation
- Content Area & Library: Find and access your content quicker with a redesigned Content Area and improved filter and sort functions for the PS4 Library.
- USB Music Player*: Insert USB memory with music in your PS4 and start playing your favorite tunes in the background.
- What’s New: To make the activity feed more relevant and timely for you, What’s New will add Friends of Friends suggestions and Live Broadcasting updates from your friends at the top of your feed.
PS Vita and PS TV Update
Also available tonight is a new system software update (v3.35) for PS Vita and PS TV, which includes 4-player Remote Play support for PS TV, as well as the Live from PlayStation app, which allows you watch game streams from PS4 on both your PS Vita and PS TV devices. A full features list and instructions for updating PS Vita and PS TV can be foundhere after the update goes live.
PS App Update
Lastly, don’t forget to update your PlayStation App on your mobile devices to the latest version. The new 2.0 update will include a redesigned home screen, and a new layout for tablets.