Minecraft creators Mojang have partnered with Telltale Games to bring an all new element based on the popular game entitled, ‘Minecraft: Story Mode – A Telltale Games Series’ which is set to premiere in 2015. The story will feature new characters and themes inspired by the game and will be available across multiple platforms as a standalone title. For more info into the game, head on over to the official site and try the Play Info Quest II minigame.
- Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
- Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
- The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
- Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
- We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
- The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It was a joke.