In light of the company’s 10 year anniversary, Kerberos Productions has today announced, Sword of the Stars The Pit Gold Edition which comes complete with a whole host of new characters, weapons and items on top of the existing game. We enjoyed the game as highlighted in our review, and news of the Gold Edition’s new alien character classes has our interest piqued once more. Head on over to the official website for more details about the game, and take a look at the feature list below.
Sword of the Stars The Pit Gold Edition features:
- 8 Characters from 5 different Sword of the Stars races to play as… Marine, Scout, Engineer, Psion, Ranger, Warrior, Seeker, and Striker!
- 40 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure, not to mention unique side areas, known as biomes!
- Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- Over 160 enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
- Over 110 weapons and over 45 armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
- Over 250 items, devices, and ingredients to find, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech. Use stuff found around each level or on your enemies to craft together more than 100 new items!
- Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment… and for you!) make each game unique.
- Develop 28 unique Psionic powers to better hold off opponents.
- 5 levels of difficulty, from Easy to Seriously? and three special modes; Infinite, where there is no end, Quick, which reduces the number of rooms per floor, and Fast, which skips every second floor!
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help – or maybe hinder – your progress.
- Discover and decipher hundreds of hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore!
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, disintegration, radiation, dehydration, starvation and of course… MONSTERS.
- Plus 1 hidden character, which you can unlock to help you out when things get tough!
- Special features include full controller support, Big Screen compatibility, Steam Cloud, and even Steam trading cards!\