Graywalkers: Purgatory is a tactical turn based 3D role playing game set within a gloomy post apocalyptic world and features elements of the supernatural where Heaven, Hell and Earth have combined for some chilling results. The game is being developed by Dreamlords Digital out of Las Vegas USA and will be available for the PC, Mac & Linux platforms. The game offers emergent gameplay where player actions dictate how the story and people within it behave. The game is currently looking for Kickstarter funding and is doing well but needs a bit more of a push with 29 days remaining. There’s also a playable demo available to get a greater sense of how the game’s combat is presented and plays. In the mean time, take a look at the trailer and combat demo videos.
- A Strategic Turn-based RPG with features inspired by XCom, Fallout, & Jagged Alliance.
- Play in a dynamic emergent world where your actions actually change the world
- Find, Recruit and Lead your 36 Graywalkers from over 40+ Playable NPCs: each with their own style, background, abilities and personality
- Strategically manage your resources, people, technology, and magic
- As the prophesied leader, unite the lands of Purgatory under your banner and lead the war to reclaim the world for humanity
- Custom Hero – Your player character is a special one, even among Graywalkers. He is your fully customizable avatar in the world, where you can choose his or her gender, race, appearance, path, skills and special abilities. Lastly, you choose how he will save the world.
- Races – You can be Human or one of the Hybrids, like the Cambion, Nephilim, Dhampir. Additional possible races are the Wolfkin, Faechilde and the Hunterborne
- Recruitment – Find, convince and recruit your Graywalker team members from a pool of at least 40+ playable NPCs, each with their own style, personality, motivation, relationships and history.
- Levels & Experience – Gain experience points through missions and improve your characters skills and abilities each time you level up.
- Strategic Management – Manage your resources, personnel, influence, technology, research, crafting and scavenging.
- Exploration – Explore a country sized island with different regions, each filled with interesting locations to visit, scavenge in, influence and control.
- Resources – Scavenge for resources, rebuild lost technology, recover ancient relics of power, and research entirely new technologies that fuse the powers of ancient magic and known science.
- Character Paths – “Paths” are the equivalent to classes in typical RPGs. Choose a path to take such as the magic-wielding Arcanist, the weapon masterArmsmen, the stealthy Agents, the spiritually blessed Diviners, the firearms expert Soldiers, the hand-to-hand specialist Martialist, the perceptive Scouts, the versatile Adventurers, the intelligent Techs, and the lucky Survivors.