Trion Worlds released some fresh screens from their forthcoming Defiance which is coming to PC platforms as an MMO and is planned for consoles as well. Check out some new screenshots and game info.
In Defiance players and viewers are introduced to a world where humans and aliens live together on a planet ravaged by decades of conflict. The game combines the intense action of a 3rd person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart exudes the scope, story, and character-driven drama of a classic sci-fi epic. Because they exist in a single universe, the show and the game will influence each other and evolve together over time, with actions in both mediums driving the overall story of Defiance.
- An Adventure For The Masses – Intense third-person shooter gameplay focused on story-driven missions designed to be played solo or with thousands of other live players in the world around you.
- A Massive, Persistent World – Fully realized, persistent open world set in a futuristic San Francisco Bay Area, supporting tens of thousands of simultaneous live players.
- Customize Your Character – Custom character creation, where you can play as a human or alien, modify your appearance, upgrade weapons, select different specializations, and become a unique citizen of the Defiance universe .
- Player Progression Evolved – Console-native shooter with a multitude of weapons, armors, and special abilities that evolve with experience.
- Unending Gameplay – With missions, emergencies, and endless exploration opportunities across a giant game world, Defiance is the genre-changing title that is sure to keep players engaged for years.