Iceberg Interactive has released some new screenshots from its forthcoming side scrolling action platforming game, Dark Matter, and also revealed the game will be making its way to PC and Linux via Steam later this month on the 17th of October.
About Dark Matter:
Dark Matter takes a unique spin on the survival horror genre, set in deep space, with a heavy emphasis on hard-hitting tactical combat and exploration in a beautiful 2D/3D setting. This unique side-scrolling action/survival horror game presents players with heavy tension, as they must decide whether to use environmental resources to prevent an unknown alien presence from ravaging them to pieces, or skillfully wield upgradable weapons one bullet at a time to stay alive.
Dark Matter’s key features include:
- 14 levels set in a gritty tale of deep space survival
- Four weapons, each with four ammo types
- The ability to collect scrap and alien resources to craft tools and health packs
- Specialized weapon upgrades that enable players to develop their own combat techniques
- Complex enemy AI that reacts to player actions and tactics
- Non-linear exploration and storytelling
- Elemental ammo effects enabling gamers to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to their enemies
- Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
- Uncompromisingly real-time light and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure, darkness-fuelled terror
- Clean, hand-painted textures and custom-shading techniques are combined in a unique visual style
- Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances
- Steam Cloud support for save games
- SteamPlay, available for Windows, OSX and Linux
- Dark Matter is rated PEGI 12 and is expected to release mid-October on Steam. For more on Dark Matter, please visit darkmatterthegame.com, or see it on Steam.