Studio Wildcard has today announced that its PC hit ARK Survival Evolved will be launching on Xbox One Preview starting Wednesday, December 16th with a full release expected in June 2016 (also on PS4 with Playstation VR support). Gamers will be able to pick up the preview game for $34.99, for more discussion about the release check out the official website.
About Ark: Survival Evolved:
Built on Unreal Engine 4, ARK: Survival Evolved is the first to deliver the popular-on-PC online survival genre to consoles, with a unique footprint of adventure, multiplayer online cooperation and competition, focused on the basic survival skills of crafting, harvesting, building, and exploration.
Stranded naked, freezing, and starving on a mysterious island, you must hunt, harvest, craft items, grow crops, and build shelters to survive. Tame one of 100 amazing dinosaurs and other prehistoric beasts, including gargantuan creatures on a scale never before seen in video games! Fly a Pterodactyl squadron over the snow-capped mountains, race through the deep jungle with your pack of trained Raptors, tromp through a fortified enemy base with a convoy of gigantic Brontosaurus, or chase down prey on the back of a raging T-Rex.
Key Features include:
XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVES:
* All game content currently in the PC build — nearly 3X the amount of gameplay available at its original Steam launch
* Exclusive bionic Tek T-Rex, Safari Hat, and Survivor s Trophy
* Free access to Xbox-specific ARK official servers
* Steady delivery of exclusive Xbox One content prior to full game launch in June 2016
* Tailored for Xbox One gamepad controls
* TAME, TRAIN, RIDE and BREED DINOSAURS: Command the most amazing creatures from throughout Earth’s biological history, launching into Xbox Game Preview with more than 50 creatures and 100+ planned at full launch. Use cunning strategy and tactics to tame and ride the many dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the dynamic, persistent ecosystems across land, sea, air, and even underground.
* CRAFT AND BUILD: Using any means necessary to survive, players will craft weapons, clothes, and items, and build shelters. Plant, harvest, build, level-up, and customize everything visually and functionally, including procedurally-generated RPG statistics for creatures, characters, resources, clothing, gear, and weapons both primitive and modern.
* DISCOVER: Explore a massive living ecosystem and find the means to survive, thrive, and maybe escape ARK island.
* TEAM UP TO SURVIVE: Start a tribe with hundreds of other players in a large-scale multiplayer online first person environment to survive and dominate competing tribes…and to ultimately discover ARK s true purpose.
* JOIN A TRIBE: The ‘Tribe’ system encourages cooperation, by supporting dynamic parties to share resources, XP, and re-spawn points. Other players are organizing rebel tribes to accumulate resources, experience, re-spawn points, and to construct sprawling villages and cities, with technology spanning the primitive stone-age to the modern electric-powered era and beyond. And they will fight to destroy anything they see as a threat.