Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing, Strategy and Business, Xbox has posted a message regarding the latest USA NPD figures which puts TitanFall as the top selling game in March 2014. He also mentions some impressive worldwide sales of the Xbox One at over 5 million shipped to retailers since launch last November.
Highlights from March 2014 NPD Group results include:
- Xbox One continues selling at a strong pace with 311,000 units sold in the U.S. in the month of March, surpassing Xbox 360 sales by more than 60 percent at the same point in time.
- Xbox 360 continues to grow its install base with 111,000 units sold in March in the U.S., more than any other seventh generation console.
- Xbox One continues to see impressive software sales with an average of 2.9 games sold per console.
- With Xbox One and Xbox 360 combined, the Xbox platform sold the most games across all console platforms with 4.1 million games sold. Xbox One sold 1.4 million games in March and Xbox 360 sold 2.7 million, totaling 49 percent of the total software market share (Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined).
- During the month of March, Xbox One and Xbox 360 games in the top 10 title lists were as follows:
- Xbox One held four top titles in the generation eight top 10 console game title list in the U.S. including: “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” “Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes,” “ Titanfall.”
- Xbox 360 held six top titles in the generation seven top 10 console game title list in the U.S. include: “Minecraft,” “Dark Souls II,” “The Lego Movie Video Game,” “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” “South Park: The Stick of Truth.”
Data from NPD Group, March 2014
*Internal Microsoft data