New World Interactive announced today it has reached a new milestone in development, revealing a live Beta for its upcoming, competitive first-person shooter Insurgency. The Insurgency Beta will be available via Steam. In the mean time, check out the Beta announcement trailer and screenshots.
INSURGENCY is leading an indie revival of the tactical shooter genre. In the newly launched Beta, players take to the streets for intense close-quarters combat, where a team’s survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds in 32-player adversarial combat or in six-player cooperative play.
The new Beta showcases a robust feature set packed with hours of intense tactical shooter goodness. Features include:
- 20 Weapons – five of which are new: the M249, RPK, UMP45, M1A1 carbine, and the M4A1
- 8 Fully Updated Maps – including Siege, Uprising, Market, District, Heights, Ministry, Contact and Buhriz.
- Customizable player classes
- Weight-based equipment and gear system
- Team-reinforcing objectives
- Simplified HUD and UI
- Scripting system and SDK to support mods
INSURGENCY‘s game modes create a distinctive experience from other first-person-shooters. The title offers four multiplayer game modes (of up to 32 players), and two co-operative game modes with bot support (for up to six players). Capturing objectives prolongs the entire team’s opportunity to achieve victory, while matches often become an epic tug of war as both teams struggle to gain control of all objectives.